Monday 2 January 2017

New Year, new life

The mammoth task of moving from Wellington to Featherston is over, the unpacking is done and the pain of losing my darling boy Scooter so soon after we arrived is beginning to dull.

Other than eat, sleep, read and watch TV, I haven't done much since Christmas Day. I've just had no energy - all the stresses and strains of the last few years caught up with me and I simply gave in and crashed for the week. I have so needed the rest!

Today is the 1st of January 2017 and I'm not sure what to expect for the year. Being here in Featherston, living the country life is the fulfillment of a dream, so there is a bit of an element of, Ok, now what? to my thoughts. I'm so used to having the pressure to have goals and make plans that I feel both liberated and a little nervous about having neither goals nor plans for the year. Since the opportunity to move to Featherston seemed to appear purely by chance, I feel like I might be better off having no plans and simply let fate guide me. All of my big plans have failed, brilliant ideas burst and hopes dashed, so this year instead of trying to have it all planned out, this time I am leaving it up to fate. It seems things work out better that way.

And as if to reassure me that I'm on the right path, this evening we had the most spectacular rainbow and it lasted for a long time. A good omen, methinks :-)

View from the back garden


View from the front